Third Wednesday Webinars
New Market Tax Credits and Deal Structuring
The third webinar in our 2015 series will be held on March 18, 2015 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
This FREE webinar is designed to inform you about the New Markets Tax Credit Program. Established by Congress in 2000, the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program is designed to encourage investments in projects that create employment opportunities for residents of low-income communities. Is the NMTC program a tool that can help your community accomplish its economic development goals and objectives? What are the eligibility criteria for communities and what types of projects are supported? This webinar is designed to address these questions and provide you with an update on the NMTC program.
Our speakers will provide an overview of the NMTC program and will describe the allocation process for obtaining and deploying NMTC. Each speaker will discuss the unique elements of a NMTC deal and will provide examples of how NMTCs have been used in Virginia.
Dawn DeHart, Virginia Community Capital
Howard Gordon, Williams Mullen
Attendees will learn:
- What New Markets Tax Credits are all about
- What a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) is
- How a locality can determine if it meets the CDFI's definition of a Low-Income Community (LIC)
- What roles economic developers and local organizations can play
- What issues should be considered before proposing NMTCs
- Where economic developers and community leaders can go for more information
To see a schedule of webinars in our series of webinars for 2015, please click here.