Third Wednesday Webinars
Blueprint Virginia: Update 2015
The webinar took place on Wednesday, June 17, 2015.
Initiated by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce in 2013 and led by the private sector, Blueprint Virginia was launched to create a long term economic development strategic plan. It was intended to serve as a guide to improve Virginia's regional and statewide competitiveness. Our speaker will provide an overview of how the Virginia Chamber of Commerce engaged stakeholders across the Commonwealth to identify common issues and create Blueprint Virginia. You will hear about how issues such as education, transportation, and energy were prioritized, and how opportunities for growth in key sectors were identified to keep Virginia competitive. You will also hear about the progress that has been made to date and the many elements that have come together to create a competitive platform for economic expansion.
Speaker: Barry DuVal, President and CEO, Virginia Chamber of Commerce
Attendees will learn:
- What BLUEPRINT VIRGINIA is all about
- How BLUEPRINT VIRGINIA serves as a dynamic business plan for economic development
- How the issues described in the plan are being addressed
- What progress has been made related to the issues
- How economic developers in Virginia can continue to bring their best ideas forward to continue to strengthen Virginia's economic competitiveness
- Where economic developers and community leaders can go for more information
To see a schedule of webinars in our series of webinars for 2015, please click here.